Links
  Alma Mater:   About Life@ISB:     Carnatic Music - My Favorites:  
Other Sites/Blogs I visit:   ISB Blogs:  
Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Celebrating Diwali

Wishing all readers of this small blog of mine a HAPPY DIWALI !!!!

This is the first time I am celebrating Diwali away from home. Crackers are burst here in Hyderabad too, but there is no comparison with the atmosphere back home in Delhi where there would be a constant sound of crackers throughout most part of the evening and night. However, I thouroughly enjoyed this Diwali in ISB.

The day started with a visit to two temples. The first one we went to is quite close to ISB and is supposed to have been built some 300 years ago. Here is a snap of the same ....
We then went to another temple which I keep visiting frequently. Snap below ......

My host family in Hyderabad (to know more about what a host family is, please click here) had invited my group to their place for puja and lunch. Went there and had a really good time with S and his family. S and his sister came to ISB to drop us.

Went to an event organized by the Music Club in the evening after coming from the lunch. Highlight of the event was the performance by some really talented kids (children of students studying here). Here are some snaps ....
This was followed by a special dinner prepared by Sarovar. After dinner, we all went to the football field here to see an amazing display of fireworks from a professional pyrotechnic team that had been arranged for the occassion.


posted by Ram at 11:56 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me
Name: Ram

View My Profile

Orkut me !!

Previous Posts
ISB students shine !!!
Blogs by ISBians
Profs this term
Life in Term 5
Business & Arts programme
Dandiya Nite
The Music Season
BCG Session
My quaddies
Term 5 begins tomorrow

Archives
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006


Carnatic music:
General links I visit:




Powered by Blogger

Thanks for visiting my blog !!!
You are in Ram's abode
 Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own.