Links
  Alma Mater:   About Life@ISB:     Carnatic Music - My Favorites:  
Other Sites/Blogs I visit:   ISB Blogs:  
Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Music Season

"The Music Season" refers to the festival of music and dance held annually by many sabhas (organizations that arrange concerts) in the city of Chennai (Madras) in the months of December & January every year. Very popular among fans of Indian Classical Music, especially among fans of Carnatic Music, the season involves performances by almost all top-class artistes of the country (and from abroad). Fans from all over the world flock to Chennai during this time. The good part about the season is that there are so many concerts happening everyday at so many places that you have a wide variety of artistes to choose from and hear. Sometimes it gets really confusing as to which concert to go to when you have all your favorites performing on the same day. Was fortunate enough to be there in Chennai for 2-3 days during the last 2 seasons. Sanjay Subrahmanyam and T.M.Krishna are my favorite singers and I attended as many concerts of theirs as I could. Don't think I will get a chance to go there this year, courtesy acads @ ISB.

To get more details on this year's season, please click here. The concert schedules have not been posted yet; must be coming soon.

posted by Ram at 12:35 PM

3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is marvelous I'm definitely going to bookmark you! This may be of interest to you to stop football betting tips There's lots of information about football betting tips

1:24 AM  
Blogger itheabsolute said...

hi ram

u need to use some filter to block these spams. blogger provides this protection

cheers

11:43 AM  
Blogger Ram said...

Hi Vijay,

Turned on word verification in blogger as suggested by Amit a few days back. Should block most of the spam stuff.

Thanks,
Ram.

12:22 PM  
Post a Comment

About Me
Name: Ram

View My Profile

Orkut me !!

Previous Posts
BCG Session
My quaddies
Term 5 begins tomorrow
Back from Mumbai
One hell of a break
Half-way through
Exams of a different kind
Last day in Section D
Satellite view of DCE
The Great Bidding Game

Archives
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006


Carnatic music:
General links I visit:




Powered by Blogger

Thanks for visiting my blog !!!
You are in Ram's abode
 Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own.