Links
  Alma Mater:   About Life@ISB:     Carnatic Music - My Favorites:  
Other Sites/Blogs I visit:   ISB Blogs:  
Thursday, August 25, 2005

Last class of Term 3

We had the last two classes of Term 3 today - Entrepreneurship by Prof. Ramakrishna Velamuri and Operations Management by Prof. Sudhakar Deshmukh. For more details on the profs who taught us this term, please click here (an earlier post of mine).

One thing that struck me was that the profs who have come till now from Kellogg are very down to earth and gentle people. Prof Mark Finn (Financial Accounting - Term1), Prof. Sri Sridharan (Managerial Accounting - Term 3) and Prof. Sudhakar Deshmukh (Operations Management - Term 3) are all so gentle that they wouldn't hurt a fly. Prof Deshmukh, probably the cutest/sweetest of them all, has been teaching at Kellogg for 34 years now !!! Thats 7 years more than the average age of our batch and much more than the time most of my batchmates have spent on this planet.

The profs who came in to take the first half of the courses this term were on the average more impressive than the ones who took the second half. Prof S. Venkatraman from Darden who took first 6 of our Entrepreneurship classes was very impressive and I learnt a lot from his portion of the course. Prof Venkatraman started his teaching career in 1984-85. I was really surprised to know that he was the guy who wrote the business plan for Wipro Technologies way back when it was started and was one of the founding employees of the company. So many students of his are successful entrepreneurs in the US.

Prof Ramakrishna Velamuri, who taught the next 4 classes had a style of his own. I personally felt that his case studies were more of reading stories than learning any serious new stuff about Entrepreneurship. We had a case study on Alacrity Housing, Chennai and he brought in the founder of Alacrity, Amol Karnad to class for discussing the case study. He did the same thing in the next case on Infosys Technologies too when he brought the head of Infosys, Hyderabad to class for the discussion.

I have already talked a lot about PBC in my earlier posts and would refrain from doing so now .... hmm ... well .... let me just mention this ... PBC told us during our finance electives information session that we should consider our MBA over by the next term and we should think of the remaining 4 terms after that as a golden opportunity to put to practice whatever we learnt in the first 4 core terms.

Exam time once again .... end terms scheduled for the coming Monday and Tuesday. Probably the longest exams we will give over a span of two days, ever since we came here. Almost all the exams are of 3 hour duration.

There is a fight going on between my brain and the rest of my body right now .... some voice from inside says that exams are round the corner and I better study something and it appears the logical thing to do to my brain too ... but all other organs in the body say that they are damn tired and my eyes are almost closing. The warm, cozy bed beckons me .... here I come .... zzzzzz

posted by Ram at 9:40 PM

2 Comments:
Blogger ankur said...

padh le...padh le..kitna soyega...!!!

:)

~a

1:06 AM  
Blogger Ram said...

koshish jaari hai .... kamiyaabi abhi tak nahi mil paa rahi hai

zzzzz

10:34 PM  
Post a Comment

About Me
Name: Ram

View My Profile

Orkut me !!

Previous Posts
The people who make up D ........
D-Day
Near the reception area
Section T-shirt (back portion)Close up view of the...
Farewell to Profs - Cake Cutting
Prof. Rajeshwar Upadhyay, Prof. Ramakrishna Velamu...
Summary of a different kind
ISB related programmes on TV
Weekends @ ISB
PBC News

Archives
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006


Carnatic music:
General links I visit:




Powered by Blogger

Thanks for visiting my blog !!!
You are in Ram's abode
 Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own.