Links
  Alma Mater:   About Life@ISB:     Carnatic Music - My Favorites:  
Other Sites/Blogs I visit:   ISB Blogs:  
Sunday, July 24, 2005

Term 3 begins tomorrow

I am back @ ISB and the first thing I saw today morning as I was walking towards my room was a batchmate of mine carrying a heavy load of books. Was shocked to hear that they were for him and not for his kid ... which of course meant that I also needed to buy those books. Just came back after buying 3 of the 4 required texts. Believe me ... they are real bulky.

The subjects we have this term and the profs who will be teaching us are as follows:
1) Operations Management - Prof. Sunil Chopra (Kellogg) / Prof. Sudhakar Deshmukh (Kellogg)
2) Managerial Accounting - Prof. Sri Sridharan (Kellogg)
3) Entrepreneurship - Prof. S Venkataraman (Darden) / Prof. Ramakrishna Velamuri (IESE)
4) Corporate Finance - Prof. Rangarajan Sundaram (Stern) & Bhagwan Chowdhry (UCLA)
5) Leadership Development Program - Prof. Rajeshwar Upadhyay

To find out more about the profs, click here or google them out. You can get a brief outline of the courses here.

We can also take an additional elective this term. For those of us who opt for the ELPs (projects), heavy work will start soon.

I think the chartered accountants (CAs) are going to have a ball this term as two of the subjects (2 and 4 above) will just be a cake-walk for them. The others are going to have to slog it out.

There is so much to be read before going to the class tomorrow ... no prof is going to discuss less than 5 chapters tomorrow in the book he has prescribed and that is an awful lot to be covered. I am in no mood to read all of that right now .... I mean what a pleasant weather .... heard its been raining here continuously since Friday. Hope its still raining in Chennai .... Chennai-ites desperately need it. Don't know when I will get a chance to go home to Delhi ... don't think I will get one before the course ends :-(

posted by Ram at 4:25 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me
Name: Ram

View My Profile

Orkut me !!

Previous Posts
rains in chennai !!!!
hee hah !!!
2 down, 2 more to go
3 more days
Time management
Attention ISB Applicants - ISB Info Sessions Calendar
Last Class of Term 2
Farewell to Profs - Term II, part II
Asst. Dean Savita Mahajan, Prof. Raju and Prof. Ha...
Prof. Ziv Katalan (Decision Models & Optimization)

Archives
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006


Carnatic music:
General links I visit:




Powered by Blogger

Thanks for visiting my blog !!!
You are in Ram's abode
 Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own.