Links
  Alma Mater:   About Life@ISB:     Carnatic Music - My Favorites:  
Other Sites/Blogs I visit:   ISB Blogs:  
Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Bid(ding) adieu

Before you start drawing conclusions from the title .... no .... no ..... I am not going anywhere. Two of the profs who taught us this term - Prof. Scott Ward and Prof. Robert Stine (both from Wharton) are leaving. They taught us half of their courses and the other halves would be taught by two other profs.

We had a small farewell party for the profs yesterday in one of the student villages. Had great fun. These profs are really humorous and they taught us superbly. I have already written about Prof Scott Ward in one of my previous posts. Prof Stine taught us statistics in such a way that we thoroughly enjoyed the subject. In my humble opinion, when you teach statistics, it is really difficult to make the entire class feel interested and listen to you for a full 2 hours without getting bored, especially when students are from really diverse backgrounds and many may not even have read statistics earlier. Prof Stine truly succeeded in this regard.

It really saddens us that they are leaving and makes us think whether we will be able to get such teachers for the rest of the courses. But then every single prof who comes here is really great !!! Thats what we heard from our alums and thats what we feel when we see the faculty line-up for the rest of the core terms. They are probably the best you can learn from. For example, I feel probably no one else would be able to teach us "Marketing" better than Prof. Scott Ward and then I see that there is Prof. Jagmohan Raju coming here next term. prof Raju is supposed to be an excellent teacher too. Both of them are "marketing gurus".

posted by Ram at 10:17 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me
Name: Ram

View My Profile

Orkut me !!

Previous Posts
ISB Faculty
Chandramukhi and assignments
Football match ends in a draw
Its weekend :-(
Foxed
The plot thickens !!!
First assignment over !!!
Basketball match ....
First week of classes over !!!
Classes begin !!!!

Archives
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006


Carnatic music:
General links I visit:




Powered by Blogger

Thanks for visiting my blog !!!
You are in Ram's abode
 Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own.