Links
  Alma Mater:   About Life@ISB:     Carnatic Music - My Favorites:  
Other Sites/Blogs I visit:   ISB Blogs:  
Monday, June 19, 2006

A busy weekend

Went to Chennai this weekend to spend some time with my parents who had come there but ended up spending most of the time with friends. Met with a few ISB batchmates in Chennai on Saturday. It all started with the 4:15PM show of the Tom Cruise starrer MI-3. The movie is a good timepass with lots of stunts that actors in apna bollywood can use for their films in future. My friends told me that a couple of scenes in the movie looked to have been lifted straight from Captain's (Vijaykanth's) tamil movies. I think bollywood need not look outside the country for stunts anymore.

After the movie, we went to Amethyst where we recounted the wonderful days spent at ISB, over coffee. Most of the time was spent talking about Rajani. Though his activities are the usual topic of discussion whenever we all meet, there was lot more excitement in narrating Rajani's escapades as his fiancee had also come with him. The best part is the sporting way in which Rajani takes everything. He would come second only to KP (my quadmate at ISB) in this. We then had dinner in Saravana Bhavan and went to KR's house to watch Ghana thrash Czech Republic in the World Cup.

Sunday was spent in buying albums of my favorite singer T.M.Krishna that I do not have in my collection yet and in attending Sikkil C Gurucharan's 4-hour long carnatic vocal concert at the Music Academy Mini Hall. More about the concert in the next post.

posted by Ram at 10:04 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me
Name: Ram

View My Profile

Orkut me !!

Previous Posts
I am connected
More concerts in Bangalore
A memorable concert
Upcoming concerts in Bangalore
M.S. Sheela @ HN Kalakshetra, Bangalore
M.S.Sheela @ Bangalore Gayana Samaja
Sanjay @ Bangalore Gayana Samaja
Fa-Naa .... naa .... naaa
A day in heaven
ISB Alumni Meet

Archives
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006


Carnatic music:
General links I visit:




Powered by Blogger

Thanks for visiting my blog !!!
You are in Ram's abode
 Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own.