Links
  Alma Mater:   About Life@ISB:     Carnatic Music - My Favorites:  
Other Sites/Blogs I visit:   ISB Blogs:  
Saturday, November 12, 2005

"Just in Time" yet again

4:30PM - Consumer Behaviour individual assignment far from over. Cricket match ends and there is a general feeling of happiness as India won. Then there is a realization that the assignment submission deadline is 5PM. Franctic efforts get underway and I somehow manage to complete whatever I can by 4:53PM. I hit File > Print and then sprint to the printer room just to find at least 10 more people looking anxiously at whatever is coming out of machine. As always all of them are engineers.

I join the crowd. Suddenly the sound of printing stops and doesn't restart for a long time. Panic strikes everyone and the printer says "paper jam. open front cover ... blah .. blah ... blah". I open the front cover, close it again without doing anything and it starts working !! (So much so for messages given to the user). Wonder if the little pat given to the printer in appreciation of its efforts did the trick !!

4:56PM - Still no sign of my printouts ..... and wait ... the next sheet seems to be mine. But the assignment submission cover page hasn't come out yet.

4:57PM - All pages seem to have got printed. I collect everything and start my sprint to the acad center.

4:59PM - Wow !! I am in front of the assignment submission box in record time and submit mine. Turn back and see at least 6 more engineers rushing towards the box. Feel proud to be an engineer ..... completing stuff at the last minute is a trait.

Assignment submitted "Just in Time" (Toyota guys must be proud of me). A feeling of having accomplished something big sinks in. A pat on the back reminds that there is a lot more to be submitted in the coming days. Suddenly my mobile phone starts ringing ... "Where the hell are you? Where is our group meeting for the ##### assignment?" .... Oh shit ... where did this come from? ..... "OK ... I am on my way there".

..... and life goes on ......

posted by Ram at 11:33 PM

11 Comments:
Blogger itheabsolute said...

great post!

cheers

12:55 PM  
Blogger Ram said...

Thank u sir ...

Ram

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

abosultely the truth...loved it..

-- Brad

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol.....nice post and good to know dat even engineers are last momenters!

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog ram!!

i guess u r one of the persons present at info session yesterday... i was thr too... had a nice time interacting with u guys...
keep up the gud work..

8:04 PM  
Blogger Ram said...

yup ... I was the one in the black shirt.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i was the one asking rather silly quetions abt student politics and room allotment and changing policies :D..

10:23 PM  
Blogger Ram said...

yes ... now I can remember .. you were in the group I was taking around the campus.

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=309775

hi fellas...please fill in this survey for my COBE assignment.
..RAM

6:06 AM  
Blogger Ram said...

That survey link is not posted by me ... I do not post anonymous messages on my own blog.

But do help this guy out if possible.

Ram.

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i correct myself.
i have indeed posted that message.sometimes i do not know when, what and how i post messages.
...RAM

9:41 AM  
Post a Comment

About Me
Name: Ram

View My Profile

Orkut me !!

Previous Posts
Poseidon online launch today
Interaction with alumni
DB shortlist out
Placements
Celebrating Diwali
ISB students shine !!!
Blogs by ISBians
Profs this term
Life in Term 5
Business & Arts programme

Archives
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006


Carnatic music:
General links I visit:




Powered by Blogger

Thanks for visiting my blog !!!
You are in Ram's abode
 Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own.