Links
  Alma Mater:   About Life@ISB:     Carnatic Music - My Favorites:  
Other Sites/Blogs I visit:   ISB Blogs:  
Sunday, August 07, 2005

Leadership at 20000 feet

This was the title of the talk given by Capt. Raghu Raman, CEO, Mahindra Special Services Group. You can see Capt. Raghu Raman's brief profile here and here. I had heard that this was probably one of the best, most well-received and most inspirational talks of last year and after attending it, I would say that it is probably the best I have listened to, till now @ ISB. Capt. Raghu had served in the Siachen and was trying to take us through what leadership is really all about. After seeing clips and snaps of the situations that the Indian Army faces in Siachen, I would venture to say that most of the decision making problems we face in our lives are nothing in comparison. Will try to post more on this topic soon.

The semifinals and finals of the ultimate frisbee tournament were held on Friday and Saturday. My section (D) won the semifinals convincingly to stage a fight against Section C. The final ended in a draw (5-5). Couldn't be there to cheer my section as I was running high fever. Somehow managed to pull myself together for Capt. Raghu Raman's talk.

Time to sign off and complete as much of the assignments as possible before the effect of Crocin fades away. Its the mid-terms this Friday :-(

posted by Ram at 7:30 AM

3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would be great if all ye bloggers publish the address Capt Raghu gave out. Readers would be interested in writing in their appreciation of the task our soldiers are doing up there!

4:49 AM  
Blogger Ram said...

Thanks !!!

I will try to post some excerpts from what Capt Raghu Raman said in one of the posts. Exams are fast approaching, so I may not be able to include much this week.

The ceiling fan part site/blog is very informative. Hope I can forward it to friends who might be interested.

If possible, please leave your name or initials while posting. it will be easy for me to relate to whom I am replying to that way.

Thanks for visiting !!!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Ram said...

FYI .. the address to which you can write to in appreciation of the efforts of our people posted in Siachen is as follows:

Brig. Om Prakash
Cdr 102 Inf Bde
C/0 56 APO.

This was given to us by Capt. Raghu Raman and he told us that every letter that is sent is read out to the armymen there !!!

6:41 AM  
Post a Comment

About Me
Name: Ram

View My Profile

Orkut me !!

Previous Posts
death spiral
"Supermen" of the campus
ISB lifts the Sierra Atlantic Cup
Its party time !!!!
Sanjay rules !
One of the most satisfying days
Term 3 news + ISB Info Sessions Update
Term 3 begins tomorrow
rains in chennai !!!!
hee hah !!!

Archives
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006


Carnatic music:
General links I visit:




Powered by Blogger

Thanks for visiting my blog !!!
You are in Ram's abode
 Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own.