Links
  Alma Mater:   About Life@ISB:     Carnatic Music - My Favorites:  
Other Sites/Blogs I visit:   ISB Blogs:  

Prof Bhagwan Chowdhary is teaching us the 2nd part of Corporate Finance this term. The first one was taken by Prof. Rangarajan Sundaram. In his first few lines on the subject in the class, Prof. Bhagwan told us that in the total of five classes that we have, the first three will have very very little quant and the last two will then go on to involve much of the calculations. Having said that, he started explaining basic concepts and it was all flowing really smooth. For a moment I even thought of taking finance if all finance profs were supposed to teach this way. Just after some 5 minutes, he launched into a string of numerical calculations that paused in the 5 minute break, intensified post break and culminated with the clock showing end of 2 hours. Now if that was supposed to be "very little quant", then I wonder what the heavy quant in the last two classes would be like !!! Not that I am averse to quant .. in fact I used to love it when I was young ... but now that I have lost a lot of (mental) capabilities at work and become more mature, it kind of really gets difficult to follow things when they are done at a speed above my threshold level at an hour of the day when my brain has already signed off after facing some 6 hours of classes.

Opinion of two of our batchmates along with students from other B-schools regarding necessity of work-ex for doing MBA has come in a lot of the newspapers. A portion of the article I saw in yesterday's Business Standard is available here.

posted by Ram at 12:03 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me
Name: Ram

View My Profile

Orkut me !!

Previous Posts
Farewell to N......
Visa Mata & Pressure Cooker Baba
Leadership at 20000 feet
death spiral
"Supermen" of the campus
ISB lifts the Sierra Atlantic Cup
Its party time !!!!
Sanjay rules !
One of the most satisfying days
Term 3 news + ISB Info Sessions Update

Archives
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006


Carnatic music:
General links I visit:




Powered by Blogger

Thanks for visiting my blog !!!
You are in Ram's abode
 Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own.