Links
  Alma Mater:   About Life@ISB:     Carnatic Music - My Favorites:  
Other Sites/Blogs I visit:   ISB Blogs:  
Monday, March 06, 2006

Insightful CPs - Part 1

I was just sitting in my room today doing nothing, as usual, when memories of being in Section D in the first four terms came flooding in. The first thing that came to mind after that was the CPs that used to happen. Here goes some "insightful" class participation (CP) that happened courtesy our batch ..... more to come in the next few posts on this topic. Since some of these are attributed to other sections or to classes I am not a part of, what is written about such CPs is what was told to me.

------
"The best form of communication is mouth-to-mouth communication"
------
"IT may not give you a sustainable competitive advantage ... but not having IT can result in unsustainable uncompetitive disadvantage"
------
"One of my batchmates here in this class once quoted Rudyard Kipling who said that the strength of a wolf is in the pack and the strength of a pack is in the wolf. This means that there is a lot of benefit in collective learning ....."
------
"The $1 tax cut argument won’t hold because it will violate the principle of fallacy of causality"
------
Student: The way I see it…I personally feel 25000% inflation is cruel to society.
Prof: We’ll discuss philosophical issues after the class.
------
"I prefer to buy my diapers from Costco !!!"
------
Student: Isn’t this sad?
Prof: Yes .... it is tragic.
------
"The target segments in IBM Thinkpad ad are: (i) Males and Females, (ii) Those who use laptops and those who don't"
------
Prof: Human beings are the only ones who drink milk of other animals, that too when they are adults.
Student: What about cats?
Prof: Oh yes domesticated cats, too.
------
Prof: “So why is Wal-Mart so successful?”
Student: “What we’ve learnt so far from the Dell case and the Intel case is that nothing succeeds like success.”
------
“Is no culture also a culture ?"
------
Student: If you read the case you will see that ...
Prof: You mean I’ve not read the case???
------

posted by Ram at 1:08 PM

4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too good. Waiting for the next edition

3:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, had me in splits.Waiting for more..
-M.

4:29 AM  
Blogger Sree said...

Good ones...yeh dil maange more...

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool...Of all that I can expect...

8:44 AM  
Post a Comment

About Me
Name: Ram

View My Profile

Orkut me !!

Previous Posts
Bloggers in the next batch
Dubya comes calling
Dis-orientation week for "Almost Alums"?
Courses this term
Term 8 begins
Bush to visit ISB?
The Trip to Ahobilam - Part 3
Update on placements
Its all started
A typical day (these days)

Archives
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006


Carnatic music:
General links I visit:




Powered by Blogger

Thanks for visiting my blog !!!
You are in Ram's abode
 Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own.